sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Automated system-update

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaanus Heeringson <jaanus AT heeringson.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Automated system-update
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 09:03:29 +0200

I was thinking about adding "sorcery system-update" to chron on one of my servers as some of you have done, but kind of chickened out since ther is a potential for bad things to happend during unattended updates. This gave me an idea though: wouldn't it be great to have some kind of subset to "sorcery system-update" with the following differences:

1. Abort spell update if there are new/uncached configuration options and store the aborted ones into some kind of queue for later manual update.
2. E-mail friendly output, eithet to email directly to the admin or include in chron output/mail.

What do you think? I'm sure there are more things to add to the list, but it's a start.

Yes, I could help with this. Just show me the full sourcery documentation ;)

--
MVH

Jaanus Heeringson

Underwerks Design