sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Server Move . . .

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Server Move . . .
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 15:10:52 -0700

In regards to the bugzilla problem (and the fact that some people are
noticing that its unresponsive) I've heard that its relatively trivial
to do a mysql dump type backup of the database. I can find out more
about that (and a recovery) if you need me to. So we could possibly move it
to a different place.

Second I thought that perhaps running a distributed or mirrored mysql
database plus a round-robin dns over several of our machines all running
bugzilla would make the system more responsive and less prone to failure.

Of course the real problem then is that mysql doesnt really do mirroring
on the fly. Although theres a new 'mysql cluster' [0] which presumably
we could use for things like this.

[0] http://www.mysql.com/products/cluster/

-Andrew