sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] quite cast --fix

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: -={|TooManyMirrors|}=- <jalley AT toomanymirrors.homelinux.com>
  • To: SourceMage Discuss List <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] quite cast --fix
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 15:28:35 -0500

There is nothing wrong with current setup but if it didn't show each
spell it was checking just an "overall" progress bar at the bottom and
then showed errors. I don't mind seeing each spell it checks but I
assume that my spells are still OK usually and when I run cast --fix I'm
trying to have a "clean run" without errors, so if it was a single
progress bar until in encountered an error I would more easily be able
to scroll through and see where my problems are. Or if it would be
easier to just have a log file that I could latter view that showed what
cast --fix found broken, recompiled, and if that fixed it that would
work just as well.

On Sun, 2004-03-21 at 12:52, Eric Sandall wrote:
> Quoting -={|TooManyMirrors|}=- <jalley AT toomanymirrors.homelinux.com>:
> > I know there is some discussion about cleaning the cast output and I was
> > thinking that cast --fix gives output on each spell it is working on
> > which is wholly unnecessary for most. The only output that is important
> > would be the errors it encounters because it also tends to output so
> > much at that it is difficult to keep track of potential problems. SO I
> > guess I'm asking if it is possible in it's current form to output only
> > errors?
>
> Could you give a sample output of what you're thinking? I find the current
> `cast
> --fix` to be fine.
>
> -sandalle
Jackson Alley (TooManyMirrors) <jalley AT toomanymirrors.homelinux.com>
GPG KEY: EA6C442A233C3611 49FBA47D9245AF8288BEFF57EA6C442A233C3611
SourceMage GNU/Linux Guru www.sourcemage.org