sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] List closures

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] List closures
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 12:01:59 -0800

Quoting Jason Flatt <jason AT flattfamily.com>:
> I will do my best to get this done today. I'm currently emptying my storage
>
> unit (stopped in for a little shade and cool water) and am rather dusty,
> ATM,
>
> so I'm trying not to touch the keyboard and mouse too much. :^)

/me avoids Jason

> While I'm at it, I'm going to update the IRC list. Rycee says
> smgl-scandinavia and smgl-newbies can go. Does anyone have any objections
>
> that and/or have any other rarely or never used channels that can also go?
> Also, I'd like to standardize the naming. I suspect that may be more
> difficult, and will probably require a transition period. (I am still
> rather
>
> an IRC newbie, so I could be wrong.) I would like all of the channel names
> to start with "sourcemage-" or "smgl-" (I'd prefer the first, as it's the
> name of the main and most used channel). That way all channels will have
> consistent naming and they will be grouped together when folks ask for a
> list
>
> of available channels.

#grimoire-gurus isn't used much either, but I'd like it to be used in the
future
(we can always recreate, and it has the wrong naming scheme. ;)). And though I
love the bot, I hate #smgl-newbies as almost no one is in there and new users
are often redirected to #sourcemage anyways.

I say all channels should be prepended with "sourcemage" as not only is that
the
name of our distro, but #sourcemage is already the most used channel and I'd
hate to change it. ;)

Proposed channels:
#sourcemage
#sourcemage-<language> Perhaps just -fr and -de for now?
#sourcemage-<architecture besides x86> We have a PPC ISO and are working
on a
SPARC, so -ppc and -sparc?
#sourcemage-admin For meetings. Perhaps name it -meeting instead?

> Comments, suggestions, rants?

There's not enough time in a day, and why do I have to waste it sleeping?! ;)

-sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61