sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Sorcery release 1.9 details

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: Eric Schabell <eschabell AT sourcemage.org>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Sorcery release 1.9 details
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 08:12:36 -0800

Quoting Eric Schabell <eschabell AT sourcemage.org>:
> Howdy all,
>
> Thought it might be nicer than just a changelog to detail the fixes to
> the latest release of sorcery in user terms. Where possible I have
> listed the developer names so you can thank them personally on irc or in
> the lists:
>
> * various spells have now been provided with proper group and user id's
> (reserved id's).
> * some speedups in the 'gaze search' function, also caches for faster
> repeat searches (Neuron).
> * new sourceforge mirror: http://osdn.dl.sourceforge.net (sorrow).
> * general optimization speedups (alley_cat).
> * quite a bit of new documentation for bashdoc generation (sorrow).
> * cleanups and better handling of the user and group addition funtions
> for spells (erics).
> * failing z-rejected casts no longer stop the entire cast (dufflebunk).
> * spell writers can now optionally pass a home directory and default
> shell when creating new accounts for spells (Neuron).
> * sorcery menu freezing fixed (dufflebunk).
> * sorcery sound themes selection is now menu driven in sorcery (erics).
> * sorcery menu option for setting a nice level (process cpu usage) for
> sorcery processes (alley_cat).
> * a few fixes to the C(XX)FLAGS.
> * ldconfig is run after resurrecting a spell to ensure proper library
> setup.
> * Adam Clark's mirror added to the fallback list and LEAPFORWARD_URL
> added to allow user to define (by hand currently) the default fallback
> url.
> * spell writers can set the conflicting spell question to 'y' by default
> to ensure auto spell removal (for example when a spell is needs to be
> removed due to no longer existing), the default remains 'n'.
> * gaze html now provides xhtml/css validated output (Asha`man / rycee).
> * gaze orphans no longer lists exiled spells (Asha`man).
> * gaze checkmd5s added, allows user to verify spell md5's (swoolley).
> * all sorcery scripts (tools) allow user to view help w/o root password.
>
> I hope this helps and that I did not forget anyone's hard work.

I like this idea. ;) And if it's not too much extra work I would like to see
this made standard for Sorcery releases.

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61

  • [SM-Discuss] Sorcery release 1.9 details, Eric Sandall, 03/16/2004