sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] New sorcery script

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Craig Dyke" <grail AT westnet.com.au>
  • To: "discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] New sorcery script
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 19:18:44 +0800

Well my suggestions are mainly magical:

Athame
("ah-thay-mee") the Witch's sacred magickal knife; (like scalpel in english)

Karma
("a deed, an action, cause-and-effect, fate") the balance of all of one's
actions throughout all of one's incarnations, which thus determines one's
future experiences;

Other alternates even though some present names are good:

Conjure to summon ==> instead of summon

Coven
(from a word meaning "a group of confederates, a band", meaning a group
bound to meet and work together, to agree) an organized group of Witches
that regularly meets and works together; especially, a group of initiated
Witches that follows a specific Tradition, and its rites and practices;
traditionally limited to no more than thirteen members for both practical
and magickally symbolic reasons ==> Gurus could become this

Craig