sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] 2.6 issues

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Michael Taylor <tcm AT adelphia.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] 2.6 issues
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 19:39:05 -0500

Here are my suggestions of what needs decided before we go to 2.6:

1. What to do about obsolete devfs vs. immature udev, if anything
2. Migration tool or wiki page (add /sys and /udev, fstab entries, build
module-init-tools, make a sane default config for 2.6)
3. How to maintain the kernel headers in the long run
4. Possibly wait for glibc 2.3.3 or whatever "official" NPTL libc comes out

Has no one else had trouble casting gcc2 after NPTL glibc? I haven't used
NPTL for a while now due to a flaky motherboard, but I remember the errors
mentioning threads.
Michael Taylor
tcm AT adelphia.net
ICQ: 1938799