sm-discuss - RE: Re: [SM-Discuss] thoughts about default kernel branch (moving

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: evraire AT tuwg.com
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: Re: [SM-Discuss] thoughts about default kernel branch (moving
  • Date: 18 Feb 2004 22:55:57 -0000

Hello,

> I've read how people say that it 2.6.x is faster. Is there something

I've heard this over and over again, but then some gentoo users complained
about slower speed than 2.4.x, and it got me worried:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user/66065
and
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user/66288

Then again, maybe they don't have as good a linux grimoire guru (or
whatever their equivalent is :) as we do! Or is it possible only binary
distros are seeing the advantages?

Jonathan Evraire
evraire at tuwg.com

Message sent via http://toad-mail.net
Anti-spam notice, this message originated from IP Address: 69.70.196.119