sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Kernel Version and optional patches

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Kernel Version and optional patches
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 21:52:48 -0800

Quoting "S. Barret Dolph" <wheds8 AT ms66.hinet.net>:
> Is this where I select the support for my SCSI drive? If so where and what?
>
> Cordially,
> S. Barret Dolph

No, after you have selected which kernel you want (I recommend sticking with
the
2.4 series kernels for now) and any patches you want (the CK patches are
fairly
good), you then choose to save and exit, then the next menu that comes up is
where you select your SCSI drivers. You'll want to have them compiled in (*)
instead of modules (M) if the drivers are going to be used at boot (such as
for
harddisks).

-sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61