sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] makenode?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Kolb <jkolb AT brandeis.edu>
  • To: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] makenode?
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 23:50:22 -0500

i don't think makedev, it's makenod or makenode and you give it a major
and minor number and it creates the appropriate device in /dev. it used
to be installed on my machine, but all of a sudden when i need it, it
isn't there and i'm not sure which package installs it, it's a standard
linux utility.

i have sysfs mounted and devfsd is running. i'll try udev and hotplug.
are they 'safe' (i've used hotplug before, but i've never heard of
udev).

Jeremy