sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] KDM, runlevel 5 to runlevel 3

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "John Copeland" <johnc AT neto.com>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] KDM, runlevel 5 to runlevel 3
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 22:40:55 -0600

I have one system which boots into KDE via KDM, all ok.

I have a question.  Is there anyway to revert to the tty console from KDE.
Normal logout brings up the KDM shutdown dialog as some of you are no doubt
aware.  I would like to basically revert to runlevel 3 from KDE like I can
when I come in thru console via startx.  Is it possible?

Thanks,
JohnC