sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] linux spell hangs on creation of install log

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Hamish Greig <hgreig AT bigpond.net.au>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] linux spell hangs on creation of install log
  • Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 20:08:56 +1100

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 19:20, Jeremy Kolb wrote:
> Ok, so the first problem was that my menu.lst file wasn't updated with
> the latest grub. dispelled grub, and removed /boot/grub. recreated, now
> in UPDATE_BOOTLOADER i get this:
>
> grep: (hd0,0)/boot/vmlinubz: No such file or directory
>
> the line in my grub file is:
>
> title Source Mage GNU/Linux
> kernel (hd0,0)/boot/vmlinubz root=/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1
> devfs=mount

This is definitely an issue with grub configuration and the update_bootloader
script. I have been trying ot help jkolb for a while on IRC.
I have installed grub myself and dispelled lilo, the default grub config
causes the script to hang somehow. If anyone has had UPDATE_BOOTLOADER
working on a grub install (it will work if lilo is still installed as it
tries lilo first and doesn't try grub at all ) could they look at their
config and forward it to the kernel guru in a bug ?
I think jkolb is filing a bug for it now.
Hamish