sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] libsoup and MSN bug

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Paul Mahon <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] libsoup and MSN bug
  • Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 21:05:07 -0500

There is aparently a bug in MSN's servers which violates RFC (anyone
surprised at this please raise your hand). This causes libsoup to have
difficulties connecting. Gaim doesn't use libsoup for MSN access but
some others do. The pending Bitlbee (bug #4633) uses it... although it
seems to work without the patch.

Someone more familiar than I with libsoup, soap, and msn might want to
look at it and see if we should include it into the spell.

Here is a link to the patch:
http://get.bitlbee.org/libsoup/

--
De mortuis nihil nisi bonum.

What is that funny looking stuff in the attachment?
http://www.technomom.com/cynthia/pgp/