sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] cmucl-bin doesn't provide LISP? and z-rejected/binary

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Kolb <jkolb AT brandeis.edu>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] cmucl-bin doesn't provide LISP? and z-rejected/binary
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 15:00:54 -0500

trying to compile maxima, the other day this worked, but now cmucl-bin
does not provide LISP which is rather unreasonable since according to
the guys on #lisp it's one of the better interpreters out there. also, i
was thinking that as a user z-rejected doesn't sound very cool, why
don't we have a z-rejected and binary grimoire? i think that that makes
more sense because z-rejected has a negative connotation. just my two
cents, i know that we discussed this a long time ago, but the more i
think about it the more sense it makes, that z-rejected would be for
deprecated or possibly broken spells and binary would be for binary only
spells.

Jeremy