sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Fwd: Re: problems with gaim 0.71

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Fwd: Re: problems with gaim 0.71
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 20:50:14 -0700

This is from the Lunar list. As I'm experiencing this problem as well since
the
update.

-sandalle

----- Forwarded message from Yoav Avitzour <avitzour AT Princeton.EDU> -----
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 18:13:01 -0400
From: Yoav Avitzour <avitzour AT Princeton.EDU>
Subject: Re: problems with gaim 0.71
<lunar AT lunar-linux.org>

Actually, there is a fix - from the gaim FAQ:

Q. I just upgraded Gaim and the MSN plugin will not load. Why?
A. You did not compile with SSL support. As of protocol version 9, the
MSN protocol requires the use of SSL, which gaim provides by either
GnuTls or the combination of NSS and NSPR from the Mozilla project.
Install one or both of these and recompile Gaim.

The BUILD file for gaim contains --enable-nss=no, and
--enable-gnutls=yes. However, it turns out that the configure cannot
find gnutls libraries. Which module supplies them ?

btw - compilation with --enable-nss=yes breaks.

in the mean time, gaim 0.70 works fine.

Yoav