sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] HP LaserJet 1200 on USB via cups

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: evraire AT tuwg.com
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] HP LaserJet 1200 on USB via cups
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 16:15:38 -0000

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to get my HP LaserJet 1200 on USB to work using cups but there
doesn't seem to be any communication getting accross to the printer. I know
older versions of the kernel required a patch to get this particular printer
working on USB, but as far as I can tell that's no longer the case in the
2.4.19 kernel (which I'm using at the moment). Searching the Net has got me
more confused than has helped... I think I might need the hpoj spell
installed for it to work, but again I'm not sure.

If anyone has this printer or a similar one working on USB through cups and
is willing to help me out a little I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jonathan Evraire
evraire at tuwg.com

Message sent via Toad-One
Anti-spam notice, this message originated from IP Address: 66.131.185.248