sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Automated menu-generating with invoke

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Dufflebunk <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • To: Mads Laursen <dossen+sgl AT daimi.au.dk>
  • Cc: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Automated menu-generating with invoke
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 04:48:46 -0000

It is impossible to auto detect switches and stuff like that. In fact, I
think it's a bad idea to add all executables as menu entries... what
good is haveing a menu entry for sed?

I think it would also be a bad idea to add more fields to DETAILS, like
MENU. DETAILS has more than enough fields. It would be a better idea to
use another file, .desktop looks good since it's already standard and
should have all the info needed for the other window managers. That
said, I don't write spells or use much in the way of menues, so my
opinion in this matter shouldn't hold much weight.