sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] perl conflicts w/perl?!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] perl conflicts w/perl?!
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 21:44:09 -0700

Quoting "Jeremy A. Kolb" <jkolb AT brandeis.edu>:
> why is perl conflicts withitself? cast fix will not fix it (libdb version)
> because it
> conflicts with itself. That's not cool.

The reason this is a problem is that perl is considered sustained software (I
forget why, any ideas?). I believe perl won't compile properly if it exists
during the compilation, so conflicts was supposed to take care of this, but it
will not dispel itself due to being sustained.

Ideas? Corrections?

-sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61