sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] dispel on failure?!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Geoffrey Derber <gderber AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: "Jeremy A. Kolb" <jkolb AT brandeis.edu>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] dispel on failure?!
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 09:04:23 -0500

Jeremy A. Kolb wrote:
after updating most of my system i've discovered that those spells that do not compile correctly are sometimes dispelled. i was wondering if anyone else has seen this problem. for instance my compile of mozilla failed so sorcery dispelled it. this i think is a major bug (devel sorcery) and i'll bugzilla it later on unless it already has been.

Jeremy

I've seen this happen occasionally myself. But I've only seen it happen during the when it fails during the install phase of the compile, after prepare_install. You have to remove the old, prior to installing the new. So I'm not really sure of a good fix, maybe keep track of the old version, and if the spell fails after the install try a 'dispel -d <olderversion>?'

Geoff