sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] sorcery-devel & new init

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: John T Copeland <johnc AT neto.com>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] sorcery-devel & new init
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 14:45:39 -0500

I have read the wiki on converting to the new init system and have been
following the discussion on sm-discuss. I believe I am now ready to convert,
but I have a few questions.

I already have devfs, devfsd, inittab and fstab changed, and devfs=mount in
lilo.conf. From the discussion it appears that init will also convert from
/devices to /dev if you want/need to. Do I answer yes/no to any related
question from the spell since I have devfs already installed?

The wiki and sm-discuss say I need to install sorcery-devel before casting
init.d. Do I get sorcery-devel from download.sourcemage.org or somewhere
else? I remember Eric Schabell posting a message about this but I can't seem
to find it now. Any special instructions for installing the sorcery-devel
tarball? I usually do 'sorcery update'.

BTW I am on the test grimoire, and I guess I need to get fresh update to get
the latest init.d spell, right?

Anything else I need to know?

Thanks,
JohnC