sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Re: [SM-Announce] [Fwd:] Friday, 22 Aug - New init system in Test Grimoire!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT optimaltec.com>
  • To: Eric Schabell <eschabell AT sourcemage.org>
  • Cc: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Re: [SM-Announce] [Fwd:] Friday, 22 Aug - New init system in Test Grimoire!
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 11:27:46 -0400

Cool :-)! I have a question. Do users still need to "cast init.d" first and only then do "sorcery system-update?" Or sorcery needs to be updated first of all, then init.d, then grimoire?
It seems that the new init system must be in place before any updates are cast for spells with init scripts. Right? Wrong?
Thanks!

Eric Schabell wrote:

For the users of the Test Grimoire the following will be happening this
Friday:

- the NEW INIT SYSTEM will be pulled into the TEST GRIMOIRE.
- you must use the DEVEL SORCERY branch (stable will not work).
- I repeat, the stable sorcery WILL NOT WORK with the TEST GRIMOIRE!!!