sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Source Mage, Red Hat, Debian, Mandrake...

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Stefan Heinecke <nosleep AT vienna.ma.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Source Mage, Red Hat, Debian, Mandrake...
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:10:09 +0200

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 08:56:31AM -0400, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> How disoriented would sysadmins used to various other distros be if
> faced with a Source Mage box? E.g. the hostname is in /etc/hostname
> in Debian and SMGL, in /etc/sysconfig/network in RH and Mdk, and I
> think it's somewhere else in SuSE.

It depends, if you only used SuSE before and are used to Yast, or
the Mandrake, Redhat whatever tools you may feel not very comfy
at all.

Speaking only for myself, I like it the way it is, its all very
small and handy, the ultimate tool to configure a box is your
favorite $EDITOR.

Stefan
--
The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlight of an approaching
train.