sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] RFC: Overwrite config file solution...

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Dufflebunk" <dufflebunk AT go-nix.ca>
  • To: "Rob Verkuylen" <rob AT verkuylen.net>, "sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org"@achilles.go-nix.ca
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] RFC: Overwrite config file solution...
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 11:33:17 -0400

You may all be happy to know that the sorcery team has possible partial
solution, the ability to backup files before they are replaced. Althoug
there are several sorcery projects going on, we are going to try to get this
in soon. People who are worried about loosing stuff can define 'export
INSTALLWATCH_BACKUP_PATH=/root/BACKUP.iw/'. Then files get copied there
before they are overwritten. This has been an undocumented feature of
installwatch for the last few versions.

But some questions which may help us, how would you (programaticly) define a
config file? Anything in /etc? Anything ending in .conf?