sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Apology...

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Tony Smith <tony AT smee.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Apology...
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:34:28 +0100

Hi All,

I'd like to offer a public apology for the fact that tarballs haven't been
generated for a few days. It was basically down to a combination of events:

1. There was a syntax error in the crontab file after some recent changes -
entirely my fault.

2. we lost a hard drive on one of our main servers here over the weekend and
had to go up to Cambridge for a trade show on the monday. I didn't have time
on Monday morning to effect a complete repair of the problem.

The first is bad enough, but without the second issue, I'd have spotted it
quickly. The problem was that the email telling me the tarballs weren't
getting built wasn't getting through because the mail server had died so it
wasn't spotted until my return this morning.

I think things are working again (at least for SMGL, I still have a server to
rebuild - this time with RAID10), but let me know if you spot any problems.

Anyway, please accept my humble apologies for the interruption of service.
Hopefully we can now expect a long period of normal service.

Tony