sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] need help from ppp, pppoe and usb ethernet users

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] need help from ppp, pppoe and usb ethernet users
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 21:59:33 +0200

On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 02:53:20PM -0500, Casey Harkins wrote:

> If you're using ppp, pppoe or usb ethernet on your SourceMage box, I could
> use your help!
>
> I'm currently working on updating the network configuration for
> SourceMage. The current work has focused on configuring the
> /etc/sysconfig/network directory for standard ethernet connections.
>
> I would like to expand this tool (netconf) to configure ppp and pppoe
> setups as well, but have little experience setting up ppp with SourceMage,
> and no experience with pppoe. Also, I'm curious if any additional work is
> required for setting up usb ethernet devices.

I'm using pppoe for my internet connection, here's the basic things i've
done to get it work:
- NOT configure the ethernet device used for adsl/pppoe in the normal
network configuration
- cast rp-pppoe, say 'yes' to the configure question (or run adsl-setup
later), insert username/password, done

adsl-setup takes care of the ethernet device and the whole ppp
configuration.

--
Arwed v. Merkatz
Grimoire Guru for video