sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] user count

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Dufflebunk <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • To: Geoffrey Derber <Geoffrey.Derber AT Trinity.edu>
  • Cc: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] user count
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 19:14:48 -0000

Tracking hits on the grimoies is the best way I can think of. Most
people aren't as weird as zero_th_hero ;)
Watching sorcery and grimoire downloads when there's a new stable
sorcery released might be best. It would be possible to add a tiny
function in the sorcery installer that asks if they want to be counted
(defaulting to No of course) and just have it wget some counting page.
I imagine all distros have this question.