sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] user count

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Geoffrey Derber <Geoffrey.Derber AT Trinity.edu>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] user count
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 14:00:28 -0500

I, and I know others, have been wondering roughly how many users we had, and if there might be a way of counting them. The mailing list users are probably not a good measure since not everyone signs up for them. I don't particularly like the idea of adding software to the user system. I was kind of thinking, if there is a way to track the number of downloads of the various grimoires might work. But I remember zero_the_hero mentioning he updates his though a p4 sync, I'm not sure how many others do this too.

Any ideas on how this could be done?

Geoff