sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] old library required for spell ?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT optimaltec.com>
  • To: Marc Greene <marcg AT phreaker.net>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] old library required for spell ?
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 17:19:10 -0400

Unless you could create a patch for dsniff, I'd suggest including older library version as another SOURCE and building 1) static library (libnet); 2) dsniff executable linked against this library.

Marc Greene wrote:

I'm making a spell for dsniff, the only problem is it won't compile with
libnet 1.1.0 (current devel grimoire version). I can only get it to
compile with the older libnet-1.0.2a version installed. I'm wondering
things like: should there be another libnet spell? If so should that
spell conflict with the current libnet spell, or should it install
somewhere else. I tried having a 'Libnet' spell that installed into /opt,
but dsniff still wouldn't compile, not even after I told it
"./configure --with-libnet=/opt".