sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Call for developer: init.d system refactoring toLSB standards

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Call for developer: init.d system refactoring toLSB standards
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 20:20:34 -0700

you can of course just stick &'s all over the init system and let
everything run in the background...i wouldnt advise it for timing issues
and such, but theres no reason why you couldnt do that. otoh you can
just take things out of bootup and have a script that starts everything
else manually then run it as soon as you log in. Personally, qmail takes
a fraction of a second to load, as does everything else, and im willing
to wait an extra 5 seconds on bootup for everything to load cleanly.