sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] STABLE USERS PLEASE READ

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: doubletwist AT spack.nu
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] STABLE USERS PLEASE READ
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 08:52:57 -0600 (CST)

Maybe this should be fixed for future releases. Perhaps make the install
script do the dispell? There really needs to be a way to present important
messages to the user BEFORE the system is hosed. Even if there is a
workaround, if their SMGL box is their only system they can't even look up
the workaround.

Or even when an update requires certain things, be able to check for that
before continuing.

I've been bitten by this sort of thing before, and it really sucks.

Doubletwist