sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] nVidia 4191 drivers

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: burke s john <toxic AT theworld.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] nVidia 4191 drivers
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 09:01:41 -0500

hi all,

its zorba (who doesn't have cable modem anymore and is waiting until
march when the greek telephone company rolls out ADSL, thats why you
don't see me on IRC, although check the mailing list).

i have also been using these drivers since they were released. i don't
have any problems with them. 3D performance has indeed increased. as for
startup times, well i have a quadro2 with 2 x 1280x1024, so i expect
startup to be a little slower than my voodooIII, it _always_ has been.
there are no stability issues whatsoever. i would expect its more of a
config issue for people using RPMs. are they loading the right module? i
would believe all sorts of instability if they didn't.

just my .02

zorba
toxic AT theworld.com