sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] timeout on net-tools and init.d dialogs

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: nealbirch <nealbirch AT attbi.com>
  • To: Casey Harkins <charkins AT upl.cs.wisc.edu>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] timeout on net-tools and init.d dialogs
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 20:39:39 -0500

Casey Harkins wrote:
I recently installed a new machine, did a 'system-update', cast a few
spells, then started a 'sorcery rebuild'. Came back the next day to find
that nothing had rebuilt because the init.d spell was waiting for input on
which scripts should be updated.

Would it be reasonable to assume some sort of defaults for these dialogs
and use the --timeout option to dialog to prevent sorcery from blocking?

Yes it would. I will get on it this week. Sorry for the delay.

The issue is, is it always a good idea to default one way or the other all the time? Should the script default to towards "do nothing" or "update" and when? Does it matter?

Neal