sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Unmount question

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Piero Ottuzzi <ottuzzi AT libero.it>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Unmount question
  • Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 15:40:16 +0100

Hi there,
I'm having "trouble" unmounting a digital camera with USB connection.
I have modified fstab this way

none /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs noauto,defaults 0 0
/dev/sda1 /mnt/camera vfat rw,noauto,user 0 0

an I created /mnt/camera with proper permission.

Everything is working fine, users can mount the digital camera and get photos
but when they try to unmount the device they get

bash-2.05a$ umount /mnt/camera
umount: only root can unmount /dev/sda1 from /mnt/camera

Does anyone has any idea?
Many Thanks

Apiero