sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] cast --resume <spell>

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Sergey A Lipnevich <sergeyli AT pisem.net>
  • To: sm-sorcery AT lists.ibiblio.org, SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] cast --resume <spell>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 13:25:01 -0500

Hi All,

I'm debugging a DEPENDS/BUILD combination for Subversion spell that doesn't provide a source tarball, so every time I decide to cast, I have to download the source from the Subversion repository for the test to be realistic. I'm thinking of writing something like url_cvs handler, but in the meantime, here's an idea.
Will it possible/useful to add a "resume" option to cast to be able to start from BUILD phase again? The logic will be:
0. Skip everything before prebuild phase if "--resume" is specified, only accumulate $OPTS;
1. Check the $SOURCE_DIRECTORY, fail if it doesn't exist and "--resume" (or "--build") is specified, otherwise (not in "resume") run default_prebuild;
2. If we're in "resume" mode, either do `make distclean`, or call some special spell script like CLEANDIST or something
Is it too narrow to just be able to replay from build phase? Any other deficiencies?
Thanks!

Sergey.

  • [SM-Discuss] cast --resume <spell>, Sergey A Lipnevich, 12/10/2002