sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Init script error

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: nealbirch <nealbirch AT attbi.com>
  • To: SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Init script error
  • Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 17:59:03 -0500

This is a recap of what Bearcat M. Sandor wrote:
Folks,

I cast the init.d spell this morning. When i boot up now I get a big red
FAILED. Everything loads fine though. It's right after RieserFS
finishes it's business. Actually it's on the last line that decares the
RieserFs version and right b4 the localtime.sh is run. It happens in
all run levels. I'm pretty sure it's a problem in the mount.sh script. I notice a few differences in my old file vs this new one.

When mount.sh does its thing, it loads expressly stated mount points first (swap and /); then mounts things in the order they are listed in the fstab. That bears repeating:

Things are mounted in the order they are listed in the /etc/fstab file.

If you mount /var/run and /var/lock tmpfs (as is the default with our distro), then try and mount /var on a different partition later in the sequence, you will get errors.

If this doesn't work, let me know.

neal

--
"You can fool some of the people all of the time
--and those are the ones you have to concentrate on!"