sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] xfsprogs is in basesystem??

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Seth Woolley <seth AT tautology.org>
  • To: SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] xfsprogs is in basesystem??
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:33:49 -0800 (PST)

My understanding whas that whatever was on the install iso went into
basesystem. XFS may be needed for install, as it's an option for what
filesystem you may want to use. In order to make XFS partitions, you need
xfsprogs.

Only ways around this are:

1) don't support XFS
2) cast xfsprogs on install if it is required
3) dispel xfsprogs and other unneeded spells after install
4) instruct iso when it copies to disk to not include certain files
present in the install logs of programs that would have been dispelled in
option 3) above.
5) leave it be and ignore a post to sm-discuss

1 is out.
2 is difficult because it will be needed before the partition gets
created, hence the cast would be pointless.
3 seems pretty easy to do.
4 seems not as easy as 3), but the most complete solution.
5 you don't seem to like. ;)

Additions, comments?

Seth