sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Library stuff

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: julian AT openit.de (Julian v. Bock)
  • To: jack AT jbertram.net
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Library stuff
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:20:56 +0100

Hi

j> Now, I'm guessing that this has something to do with it being
j> compiled with gcc2 and not gcc3. However, I really want to use
j> this program, so is there a way I can get it to run? The library
j> does exist in /opt/gcc2/lib, but it's not finding it. I'm loath to
j> add that path to /etc/ld.so.config in case it breaks other gcc
j> stuff.

You might want to use a shell script wrapper like this:
#!/bin/bash

# assuming that LD_LIBRARY_PATH was empty...
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/gcc2/lib

exec your_program

Julian