sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Library stuff

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: jack AT jbertram.net
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Library stuff
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 08:09:18 +0000

Ok guys - not strictly spell related, but I'm sure someone can help out.

I'm trying to install a copy of VTEX in /usr/local/ - not worried about
it being a spell; I sometimes share my /usr/local tree between linux
distros so it needs to be standalone.

On loading (it's binary only) it fails with a message:

vtexlnx: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3:

Now, I'm guessing that this has something to do with it being compiled
with gcc2 and not gcc3. However, I really want to use this program, so
is there a way I can get it to run? The library does exist in
/opt/gcc2/lib, but it's not finding it. I'm loath to add that path to
/etc/ld.so.config in case it breaks other gcc stuff.

Ideas?

Thanks all

jack