sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Tell me again why we aren't using CVS for the grimoire?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Michael Taylor <tcm AT adelphia.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Tell me again why we aren't using CVS for the grimoire?
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 17:43:35 -0500

I'm very inexperienced with CVS, but as far as I can tell the grimoire is
an ideal application for it. I can't see how it can worsen the bandwidth
cost to ibiblio, especially now that system updates are easily a megabyte.
Gentoo uses it, but then again they have the means to store all of their
source code on their own servers. How bad is the RAM/processor load with a
big CVS server?
Michael Taylor
tcm AT adelphia.net
ICQ: 1938799