sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Test Freeze for our 1.0 Grimoire-rc1 (1627 spells!)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Schabell <eschabell AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org, sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Test Freeze for our 1.0 Grimoire-rc1 (1627 spells!)
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 18:37:16 +0200

Howdy All!

Tomorrow sometime later in the afternoon (my time here in Europe) the
Grimoire
will be Frozen and considered rc1. This will entail that all guru's will no
longer have any access to the Test or Stable Grimoires. Only Eric Sandell,
Tony Smith and myself will be handling the rest of the changes up to 1.0
(don't worry, things need to get a bit tighter with regards to changes into
the rc's and stable from now on...)

Devel Grimoire will continue to be you playground and where you continue to
apply your fixes (and please continue to fix away). Cvs users will continue
to have their changes pulled into our Devel Grimoire branch and perforce
users can still use it until the dust settles from 1.0. Any fixes you make
that are related to a rc1 bug can be made here. Just notify my by either:

1. noting this in the changelog entry in cvs or in the comments when
submitting in perforce.

2. sending e-mail (either with section update of the spells to be pulled into
rc1 or a single pull request).

I will then make the necessary pulls into the release candidate.

Test will be the Grimoire I would like everyone (users and guru's) to be
running, just "scribe add test" and make it your default Grimoire by editing
the /etc/sorcery/local/grimoire file to make it [0]. The rest of SourceMage
is planning on a 31 October rc1. We will therefore have about a full week to
test, stress and abuse our "Grimoire-rc1". Please file all bugs here about it
under "test-grimoire" on bugs.sourcemage.org.

Stable will be the final 1.0 Grimoire, and will only happen once we are ready
to put together a release. I plan also only to pull into it thereafter for
1.x releases.... Tony will manage this.

Current test bug count is 6, with 61 on the entire codex (devel/test/stable).

So let's keep the push on, and get the bug count down to 0!

I will be on vacation in the USA from 1-11 November, with Sandall and Tony
keeping an eye on things while I am away. I will be online while in the
states so should be able to respond to things as they happen (plus a little
delay in timezones)!

--
/*
* Eric Schabell M.Sc.