sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] MySQL and nessus...

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Steven Pinkham <sepinkham AT attbi.com>
  • To: Phil The Great <cerise AT deepthought.armory.com>
  • Cc: SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] MySQL and nessus...
  • Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 20:02:28 -0400

Hmm.. Not much I can think of off hand. You'd need some sort of logic to
test if this is an original install or not (I suppose checking for the
presence of whatever config file this spell would use, or some other method),
or just explain that it should be done and ask the user if they would like to
add/change the password. You obviously wouldn't want to cache the input of
the password, and you'd have to be careful with how you handle it because
passwords are more likely then other data to have special characters embedded
in them.
A message should be output no matter what. Educating the user is as
important as closing any particular bug. Having the spell prompt for the
password as you suggest would seem to be useful however. Comments?

Steve Pinkham
* Phil The Great <cerise AT deepthought.armory.com> [2002-10-13 19:44]: