sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] MySQL and nessus...

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Steven Pinkham <sepinkham AT attbi.com>
  • To: SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] MySQL and nessus...
  • Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 19:27:47 -0400

* Spencer Ogden <spencero AT mail.utexas.edu> [2002-10-13 18:10]:
> Um... You should set a password? What else?

We should put a message in the POST_INSTALL telling people they need to do
this, if the install itself doesn't make it clear. If a security step needs
to happen and we can't automate it, the spell should declare to the user what
needs to be done.
It would be nice if we had a way to make sure messages are output at the end
of all installs, instead of just the current one. The way it is now,
important messages such as this would probably be missed if you were
installing more then one spell. The quick and easy but ugly fix for this is
to wait forever for some input to verify that the user received the message.

Steve Pinkham