sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] skry menu tool

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ryan Abrams <rabrams AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: Jason Flatt <jasonflatt AT wizard.com>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] skry menu tool
  • Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 23:18:12 -0500

I suggest that it uses SHORT if MENU_DESC doesnt exist, and SPELL if MENU_NAME doesnt exist.

That makes it work with everything.

-Ryan

On Saturday, October 12, 2002, at 10:50 PM, Jason Flatt wrote:

On Saturday 12 October 2002 07:49 pm, Nick Jennings wrote:
Hi All,

An initial version of skry, which will manage menu entries for installed
spells, is going to be in the 1.0 release.

This version will provide a dialog (or Xdialog) interface to installed
spells which have X11 applications to run. In the future it will also
drop in menu entries into your favorite window manager (such as GNOME,
KDE, Blackbox, WindowMaker, XFCE, etc.).

All that is required to register your spell (x11 apps only) is to
add an entry in your DETAILS file:

MENU_ITEM="gcvs"
MENU_DESC="gcvs - a graphical front end for CVS"

So. That's basically it, very simple. I'm thinking about removing the
MENU_DESC and just using SHORT, what do people think?

At any rate, please get your MENU_ITEM entries in the devel grimoire.

Also, what do people think of the need to support MENU_ITEM[0]
MENU_ITEM[1] and so on? Does anyone think this will be neccesary?

Comments welcome, please.

- Nick

Well, please at least make up your mind before however many hundreds of files
are modified.

--
Jason Flatt
Section maintainer for printer