sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Sloop Nationals

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Spencer Ogden <spencero AT mail.utexas.edu>
  • To: SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: bdcurtin AT mail.utexas.edu, billman AT mail.utexas.edu.michaeljc@mail.utexas.edu, jenn8 AT mail.utexas.edu, eannie AT mail.utexas.edu
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Sloop Nationals
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 10:08:20 -0500

So having never qualified for sloops we are in a strange situation. All
joking aside, our current team is probably the wrong one. Looking around I
find that recommended crew for a Sonar is four people with a total of
700-750 pounds. The average wind in Newport in November is 10kts, with
storms producing more.

So that leaves us with two options, say fuck it and send the winning team
(which is totally fine with me), or put together the best team we can,
most likely being Henry, Mike, and Blake.

Like I said, I'm fine with going either direction, I just thought I would
throw that out there. I'm not arguing in either direction, but I hadn't
heard any one talk about this.

Spencer