sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] gaze search - system cpu usage

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Vissers, Ron" <Ron.Vissers AT qtiworld.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] gaze search - system cpu usage
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 09:48:38 -0500

Hi,

So, I'm running gkrellm, and did a "gaze search kivio"

gkrellm, lights up with a lot of system cpu usage. Not just general user.
99% total, about 60% system, and 40% user.

I fire up top, and gaze is only using, well, 40% or there abouts.

So, I have to ask, what is it that gaze search is doing that it consumes so
much kernel cpu? Is it the new rotating slash?

Just curious as it seemed kind of odd.

Ron