sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] mirroring

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Womack <eric AT lasvegasdata.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] mirroring
  • Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 15:24:25 -0700

On Monday 07 October 2002 09:45 pm, Andrew wrote:
> My LUG has set up a hefty mirroring server on a t1 line, i was wondering
> if mirroring everything sourcemage has (the source tarballs from all
> packages, etc) is something we want, because provided disk space and some
> scripts the mirror will gladly take care of that, if we want it. Is there
> a way to add in default mirrors for all spells in the new sorcery? Let
> me know if interested.
>
> this mirror is listed as an official mirror of the kernel and debian,
> it got listed as a default mirror for redhat 8.0 on the windows getright
> app, and for a week or so dumped off 200gb a day, i think also mirrors
> a number of other distributions, its part of a research project of some
> sort. And so of course, is no small thing.
>
> Anyways, I know ive offered to mirror everything a couple of times,
> despite my not so fast, but faster then average DSL line, but never really
> gotten much of a response. This connection is trivially faster, and id be
> rather frustrated to see an offer like this just drift by...
>
> let me know.
>
> Andrew

I would go ahead and do it and publish the address. If it becomes
"official",
great - if not, those that know how can use it (it's not hard).

Even better would be for you to document HOW you are doing it. I am getting
ready to sync all sources of both Sourcemage and the various packages on a
local file server for my internal machines. Developing a consistant, proven
method of doing this on non-SMGL machines would be of benifit to all.

--
Eric Womack
Grimoire Guru - KDE

---
A beautiful man is paradise for the eyes, hell for the soul, and
purgatory for the purse.