sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] mirroring

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] mirroring
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 21:45:59 -0700

My LUG has set up a hefty mirroring server on a t1 line, i was wondering
if mirroring everything sourcemage has (the source tarballs from all
packages, etc) is something we want, because provided disk space and some
scripts the mirror will gladly take care of that, if we want it. Is there
a way to add in default mirrors for all spells in the new sorcery? Let
me know if interested.

this mirror is listed as an official mirror of the kernel and debian,
it got listed as a default mirror for redhat 8.0 on the windows getright
app, and for a week or so dumped off 200gb a day, i think also mirrors
a number of other distributions, its part of a research project of some
sort. And so of course, is no small thing.

Anyways, I know ive offered to mirror everything a couple of times,
despite my not so fast, but faster then average DSL line, but never really
gotten much of a response. This connection is trivially faster, and id be
rather frustrated to see an offer like this just drift by...

let me know.

Andrew