sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Compiling xfree86

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: julian AT openit.de (Julian v. Bock)
  • To: Robin <robin AT kallisti.2y.net>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Compiling xfree86
  • Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 17:33:06 +0200

Hi

R> Hey there, after the last update, sorcery went to compile xfree86,
R> and failed. I only mention this on the list as xfree86 is pretty
R> important, and I'd like to know if anyone else has the same
R> problem, and a fix.

I compiled xfree86 successfully some days ago.

R> So far the only effect (and I don't knom if it
R> is related) is that Mozilla crashes when I try to go to the
R> bugzilla page

In what way does the x compilation fail? Do you get error messages
during compilation, or do you get errors when starting progs?

R> /usr/lib/j2sdk1.3.1/jre/plugin/i386/mozilla/javaplugin_oji.so
R> [/usr/lib/j2sdk1.3.1/jre/plugin/i386/mozilla/javaplugin_oji.so:

j2sdk has been compiled with an older gcc which uses a different abi.
Mozilla should work if you disable the java plugin. If you can't
disable the plugin because mozilla does not start up, dispel j2sdk
and try it again.

Julian