sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ANNOUNCEMENT: Sorcery 0.8.2 (1.0 BETA3) Released!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jose Bernardo Silva <josebernardo1 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Nick Jennings <nkj AT namodn.com>, sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org, sm-sorcery AT lists.ibiblio.org, sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ANNOUNCEMENT: Sorcery 0.8.2 (1.0 BETA3) Released!
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 11:42:03 +0100 (BST)

First impressions:
As anyone on irc yesterday knew (I tend to do a step
by step account when things go bad, sorry guys), the
update blew up my desktop machine. First, my
/var/state/sorcery/packages file was cleared, then as
I had autoprune checked, my install and compile logs.
I stupidly went ahead, copied packages.backup to
packages, and did a cast --fix. When the time came to
compile glibc, all seemed to go ok up till the end,
when /tmp/sorcery.* started spitting messages like
lockexec and sleep were missing. What probably
happened is that glibc got dispelled on the install
part of the spell, and suddenly everything died. I
tried getting the /var/cache/sorcery/glibc* from the
laptop, booting into a rescue cd, but am unable to
untar it successfully, as some of the links are
absolute to /usr, and /var. It seems I'll have to
reinstall...
:(
Well, I knew from the start this is pre-alpha... My
wife is the one that is going to kill me if I spend
more time twiddling with the pc... :)

--- Nick Jennings <nkj AT namodn.com> wrote: > Hi
Everyone,

http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=Sorcery+0.8.2+Release+Notes

http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=Sorcery+1.0+RoadMap