sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Processor Detection: ia32 test routine v0.1

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Mark Andrews <msasgl AT msa-enterprises.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Processor Detection: ia32 test routine v0.1
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 13:07:49 +0100

Hello All,

Please find attached the first version of the processor detection
stuff. This version only supports ia32 architecture.

I've not integrated it with sorcery yet, this is just a standalone
test version that reports what it finds and does nothing else.

Contents of tar:

./autocpu Run this!
./cpuref Lookup table.

Please test the routine and let me know if you disagree with the
results it gives for your systems. It will print a request for you to
email me the /proc/cpuinfo for any processors that aren't recognised
yet. Only do this for ia32 (x86) ones at this time.

--
Best regards,
Mark mailto:msasgl AT msa-enterprises.com

  • [SM-Discuss] Processor Detection: ia32 test routine v0.1, Mark Andrews, 10/02/2002